Saturday, March 15, 2014

Circle Skirt!

Circle skirts have got to be one of the most fun pieces of clothing to wear...they are so twirly!

Pattern Details:
This was a basic circle skirt.  I made a band to fit my waist, adding a bit of extra for zipper/seam allowances, then cut two half circles, the inside edge approximately 8" longer than the waistband piece.  Instead of gathers I used pleats to take in the extra fabric.  As always, I lined the skirt with muslin.

The only drawback to circle skirts is the amount of fabric required.  I did manage to find 60" wide fabric that had a very neat texture.  I'm fairly positive I managed to get by with only 2.5 yards, though it would have been nice to have some extra.

  





I also added a pocket into the sides.  This was the first time drafting my own pocket pattern- next time I think that I will make them slightly deeper.




Another successful one-evening long project.  Now I need to find some dances to wear it to!

1 comment: