Saturday, March 15, 2014

Simplicity 1803

A twirly dress with a sash!  Classically awesome.



Pattern details:
Pattern:  Simplicity 1803
Size:  8
View:  B
Fabric:  Cotton!
(For reference my measurements are:  Hips, 38".  Waist, 26".  Bust, 34")



The biggest alteration I had to make to this pattern was at the bustline.  During the first fitting I looked down and realized that the neckline bulged out- way too far.  By the last fitting I had added a 2" wide dart at the center seam.  Apart from that the rest of the pattern worked out fine.




Don't you love the sash fabric?  Oooh, and the nice, straight zipper edges? (a rather rare occurrence for this particular seamstress...) 

Here is the more classy belt + heels look:




Like usual, I used the muslin as the lining:


I need to remember to line the top half of the bodice with the same color as the outside of the dress.  I had to add top stitching around the whole neckline to keep the white from showing.  Actually, top stitching is a nice touch, but professional ironing skills are still required to hide the white edges- skills that I certainly do not possess.

1 comment: